Biomedical Scientist /Specialist Biomedical Scientist - Histology
Laboratory Solutions Recruitment are currently looking for a Biomedical Scientist/Specialist Biomedical Scientist, to join one of their highly successful clients on a 12month fixed term contract, within the Essex area.
As the Biomedical Scientist/Specialist Biomedical Scientist you will be part of their remarkable and dynamic Histology team, where they provide a continued efficient and effective Histology service, to two general hospitals within the Essex area, along with the local GP community.
As an important member of our team, you will be the fundamental principle of making a positive difference to our healthcare service, and in return you will receive regular training and coaching to develop your skills.
The key responsibilities of the Biomedical Scientist role are:
- To undertake routine and specialised laboratory techniques in the processing of diagnostic Histology and Andrology samples.
- Provide patients with the highest level of diagnosis and treatment within agreed quality standards of service delivery and turnaround times under the supervision of senior grade BMS grade staff.
- To carry out tissue dissection to IBMS/RCPath standards in specimen categories within competence and as agreed with consultant staff.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, the following Qualifications and experience are desirable:
- IBMS Accredited BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent.
- HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist.
- Knowledge and experience of Histology techniques and practices at post honours degree level.
- IBMS Specialist Diploma in Cellular Pathology is desirable, however we will consider applicants at band 5 with relevant experience who are willing to complete the Specialist Diploma in Cellular Pathology and progress to a Specialist level.
- Ability to work across 3 different sites in a 24-7 work environment if/and when required.
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge and experience of industry standard laboratory information management systems and computer applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Statistical Packages.
This is a full time opportunity offering a great step up for a Biomedical Scientist into Specialist role, for the successful candidate.
If you would like to be considered for this superb opportunity, please give Deborah at Laboratory Solutions Recruitment a call on: 01279 944700 or send a copy of your CV across to: firstname.lastname@example.org