Lab Solutions has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Food Safety Manager to join a reputable company within the food sector.
The purpose of this role is to oversee laboratory operations and to maintain contact with the laboratory client base. This position is also responsible for all laboratory operations related to the generation and communication of microbiological and chemical testing results.
Some of the key responsibilities include;
- Ensuring the effective operation of the laboratory to budget
- Maintenance of CLAS/RSA accreditation standards of CLASS II pathogen laboratory.
- Effective and accurate internal reporting of Laboratory findings
- Monitor equipment performance and arrange appropriate repair, service and calibration
- Investigate atypical results and quality system failures and action accordingly
- Contributing to ongoing development of companies HACCP plans
- Development and maintenance of all laboratory sampling to meet customer and legal specifications
- Product and raw material release control
- Data Transfer to LIMS system
- Budget control
- Documenting out of specification reports, completing and dictating investigations and corrective actions following results
You will be to a minimum of BSc level in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Technology and have the ability to write reports/procedure manuals. You will also have proven experience in presenting information both internally and externally and have worked in a CLAS/RSA CLASS II pathogen laboratory environment.
This role offers an excellent working environment with fantastic salary and benefits. If you would like to hear more about this role please contact us now!