Lab Solutions is recruiting on behalf of an innovative and rapidly growing biotech company. This is an exciting opportunity for an Inventory Associate to join our clients Logistics team! This role will provide a fast-paced, diverse, and team orientated environment through the daily management of inventory and order fulfillment.
- Provide efficient and effective ‘hands on’ daily management of inventory for sale
- Work closely with Customer Support in fulfilling orders for revenue
- Handle a variety of product types, storing and retrieving samples from temperature regulated locations
- Work effectively with Finance to support inventory disposals, issues, and stock counts.
- Apply familiar with cycle counts, ABC inventory, and FIFO/FEFO practices to ensure accurate and efficient operations.
- Develop and deliver monthly reporting of inventory metrics and KPIs to manager.
- Pro-actively identify and implement continuous improvement for profitability, quality and efficient ways of working. Implements and maintains 5S on site
- Contribute to operational excellence through a Lean approach to process flows.
- Participate and/or lead operational improvement projects.
- Accurately follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensures documentation for the Quality Management System (QMS) is up-to-date and complete.
- Adhere to Health and Safety policies to maintain a safe working environment.
- Serve as a backup to central services and all consumable stocked items to receive materials into the building.
- Contributes to organisation, housekeeping, maintenance, and space utilisation of the inventory areas.
- Additional tasks and/or responsibilities as needed, or as required
- Relevant experience within inventory control and administration required
- Demonstrated experience using systems to manage complex inventory records, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, using formulae and pivot tables to manipulate large data sets.
- Knowledge of cold chain practices with relevant training and qualifications; previous handling of mammalian cells a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of continuous improvement practices, such as 5S, Kanban, and/or value stream mapping.
- High performing and motivated self-starter with customer service philosophy and approach
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capabilities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within the Team/Company
- Strong attention to detail required
- Passion and interest in working within a scientific environment.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to inventory issues or inquiries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful company with excellent opportunities and benefits. If you would like to hear more about this role contact us now!