MAS Senior Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Solutions Recruitment are currently looking for a MAS Senior Laboratory Technicians to join one of their majestic clients based in Gloucestershire.
Our client provides practical scientific, technical and legislative support, helping food and drink businesses succeed through science, technology and information services, worldwide.
As an accredited testing organisation, our client offers a full range of testing services, for both pathogens and spoilage organisms.
The MAS Senior Laboratory Technician will provide technical support to the MAS Team/Group.
Key responsibilities of the MAS Senior Laboratory Technician will include (but will not be limited to):
- Microbiology testing of samples including, PCR and DNA based methods
- LIMS administration booking in samples, entering results, creating reports
- Record and keep accurate records of work done and all appropriate laboratory information and results
- Demonstrate in audit situations (when required)
- To be a point of reference for laboratory staff
- Supervise non MAS staff at the weekend
- Collect samples off site
- Contribute to validation and verification of methods working alongside the Laboratory schedule and records kept
- To ensure calibration, verification for all equipment is adhered to and completed on schedule, and records kept
- Maintain laboratory facilities and equipment as detailed in the BMS, including performing housekeeping duties
- Other reasonable duties required by CPU Supervisor and MAS Laboratory or Group Manager
To be considered for the MAS Senior Laboratory Technician position, the following knowlegde, skills and experience are required:
- A minimum of 2 years working within an ISO 17025 accredited microbiology laboratory
- Knowledge of microbiological techniques relating to work carried out in the section
- The ability to work accurately within specified time frames
- Competent in the use of LIMS
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Keen interest in scientific subjects as shown by relevant A levels, degree or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Enthusiastic, proactive, team player
This is an amazing opportunity, for someone wanting to further their career in a senior laboratory position,then this is the ideal role for you!
Our clients are very happy to offer a competitive salary + benefits + ongoing training and development to progress in your career, for the right person.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, then please give Deborah at Laboratory Solutions Recruitment a call: 01279 944700 or send a copy of your CV across to: email@example.com