Laboratory Solutions recruitment are working with an established Environmental testing company based in Coventry, due to a dramatic increase in workload in their Sample Preparation department they are looking to take and train Night Shift Sample Preparation technicians that can start quickly.
The hours for this role are:
Check out the job tasks below!
Education and Experience Required
Minimum GCSE level in Maths, English and Science.
The ability to work accurately, follow instructions and to pay attention to detail is essential.
An appreciation of the requirement to deliver to quality standards in order to deliver customer satisfaction.
• To perform a variety of basic procedures to prepare samples, for analysis, accurately and efficiently in accordance with written and verbal instructions.
• Use of appropriate LIMS to process samples
• To ‘rack-up’ prepared samples for each laboratory and to deliver samples as necessary.
• To prepare blanks in line with relevant AQC requirements.
• To return customer samples to storage as appropriate.
• To report any faults and/or abnormalities in equipment or data produced to the Team leader.
• To inform the Team Leader of low stock levels of consumables required by the work area.
• To replenish stocks of chemicals and consumables used in sample preparation as necessary.
• To calibrate and check equipment (e.g. pipettes and dispensers) as per quality requirements.
• To adhere to priority lists and work schedules as provided by the Team leader to meet customer requirements.
• To move bar-coded crates from the receipt/sampling bays and store them within the appropriate cold storage areas, with due regard to their content and weight, recording their location on the LIMS system in an efficient, accurate and safe manner.
• To identify the correct trays of samples, per the priority lists and deliver same to appropriate work areas in an efficient and safe manner.
If interested then please apply immediately!