Laboratory Solutions are working with an Award winning, Global reaching biotech in Cambridgesahire and due to the growth of their state-of-the-art Cell-Line Engineering Department, they have an exciting opportunity for Molecular Biologists to join their team.
As a Scientist in the Cell Line Engineering team, you will be responsible for the production of genetically defined cell lines and engineered primary cells. You will help drive the delivery of in vitro gene-editing projects.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to perform the required Molecular Biology activities to ensure our client projects move forward within the expected timelines and specifications.
- Analyse and interpret the results of such activities; identify and solve problems from a molecular biology perspective.
Essential Competencies & Requirements
- PhD or Masters degree with equivalent experience, preferably in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Experience with handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Good practical experience in Molecular Biology in the context of genotyping (gDNA extraction, PCR, Sanger Sequencing analysis…)
- Understanding of Quality and what a Production environment is in the context of biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent organisational ability to plan and prioritise work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records
- Team player
Desirable Competencies & Requirements
- Good practical experience in Cell Biology in the context of cell line culturing
- Experience with flow cytometry technique sand fluorescent assays (NanoLuc expression assays)
Our client can offer a varied, fast paced and interesting working environment and as a growing company we are focused on recognition and empowerment of our employees. We are committed to high quality science to meet our client and growth needs.
Contract: Typically 3 months in the first instance
This is a great time to join this biotech as they move through this exciting period of expansion, if interested then please apply today, as applications will be reviewed quickly!