Laboratory Solutions are working on a retained basis to recruit a permanent Senior Cell Culture Engineer for a rapidly expanding Synthetic biotech based in Boston, Massachusetts. This company have just secured a large amount of capital in their Series A funding round and are going through an exciting period of growth!
This role offers a very competitive package and a great time to join this biotech!
As a Senior Cell Culture Engineer you will:
- Spearhead the roadmapping and development of mammalian bioreactor and upstream process infrastructure
- Design and execute bioreactor and shake flasks experiments to develop mammalian cell culture processes for production of next-generation therapeutic modalities
- Lead upstream process scale-up with commercial partners
- Be a technical resource within the Synthetic Biology team by mentoring junior peers and adjacent technical roles
- Collaborate with the Automation and Software teams to develop automated systems for coordinating bioreactor runs and integrating process data into our computational platform
- Communicate ideas, data, and strategy with other technical members, executives, and commercial partners
- Organize and document experiments and data in an electronic lab notebook
- 6+ years experience in upstream process development at a biopharma company or CDMO
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, or a related field. PhD is preferred but not required
- Experience scaling-up an upstream mammalian cell culture process from benchtop to pilot or production-scale manufacturing
- Deep mammalian cell culture expertise in CHO and viral vector production
- Experience working with shake flasks and small-scale automated bioreactors (e.g., AMBR15) in industry
- Knowledge of regulatory filing requirements
- Mastery of bioreactor operations including fed-batch and perfusion modes
- Experience with statistical tools/DOE for experimental design or process optimization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- If interested then please apply quickly as we are currently compiling a short list of candidates!