Lab Solutions has a great opportunity for a Senior Lab Technician to join a UK leading food manufacturer.
The candidate would be assisting the Laboratory manager to maintain the efficient and safe running of the microbiological laboratory. The main duties are;
- To coordinate sampling of environmental & finished products collected in factory
- To assist with the recruitment and to training of staff to the required level, maintaining their training records and facilitate appropriate further training.
- To check for, and publish, to the required internal staff ‘Out of Specification’ results.
- Maintain continuous improvement in contributing to the company’s aims and objectives.
- Maintain the stocks of consumables & media, through stock take & ordering, to ensure they are within set budgets.
- When required provide prompt and accurate laboratory reports and information to the Technical management, internal departments & external customers as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience working in a laboratory within the Food sector and ideally worked in accordance with the requirements of CLAS accreditation (ISO 17025). You will have good organisational and communication skills and be motivated and enthusiastic.
This role provides a professional but friendly working environment with career progression opportunities and excellent benefits. If you are interested in this role please speak with a consultant now!