Laboratory Solutions are recruiting a Senior Bioproduction Scientist role on behalf of an Award winning biotech based in Cambridgeshire as they have a large recruitment drive in their Bioproduction team.
Check out the spec below!
- Plan, execute and document experiments independently in accordance with project goals and deliverables
- Demonstrates scientific/technical leadership at project level by taking scientific decisions for complex scientific problems
- Lead multi-disciplinary projects/teams and be responsible to establish the required working instructions for scientists and technicians
- Analyse and interpret experimental data as well as identify and solve experiment associated problems
- Document the results in a timely manner and prepare high quality data packages and case studies to showcase my client's cell platform
- Anticipates, evaluates and implements trends and innovations in the area and apply these to experimental design to deliver better performing solutions
- Report on milestone delivery and project status to the Team Leader, Product Manager and Business Unit Leader
- Be an effective team member in supporting the research and development functions in Horizon
CORE SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Good understanding of recombinant protein expression methods and an in depth knowledge of CLD for mammalian cell lines (ideally CHO)
- Good aseptic technique and knowledge of general cell culture methods for the development of stable cell lines for the production biopharmaceuticals (transfection, selection, cloning, screening and validation techniques)
- Experience with high throughput cell line screening technologies such as Hamilton Microlab STAR Liquid Handling System, Agilent Bravo Automated Liquid Handling, ambr15™ and ambr250™ systems and ForteBio's Octet® systems
- Skilled in experimental design and troubleshooting, excelling organisation skills
- Experience in training scientists, technicians and operators in his/her area
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team spirit with an ability to work with your colleagues at fast pace and run complex experiments
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A life science MSc or PhD in biotechnology, cell biology, biochemistry or molecular biology
- Relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within cell line development role (Master: 4-5 years; PhD: 2-3 years)
- Experience in developing and optimising processes for the production of therapeutic proteins using CHO cells
This is a lab-based role and candidates should be highly self-motivated, able to work to tight timelines and be comfortable working under pressure in an environment with shifting priorities.
They can offer a varied, fast paced and interesting working environment and as a growing company we are focused on recognition and empowerment of our employees. My client are committed to high quality science to meet our client and growth needs. In addition to competitive salaries they can offer an attractive flexible benefits package.
If interested then please apply today!!