Laboratory Solutions are recruiting a Senior Scientist-Cell Based Assays role on behalf of an Award winning biotech based in Cambridgeshire as they have a large recruitment drive in the Genomic Screening team.
Check out the spec below!
- Plan and perform cell-based assays, with minimal support and supervision
- Analyse and interpret experimental data and identify and solve problems associated with their own and others’ experiments.
- Prepare high quality client facing interpretative reports, data packages and/or journal articles, clearly disseminating the results of that research
- Confidently engage with customers on a scientific level to:
- Understand their scientific needs
- Design research programmes that answer their key scientific questions
- Discuss results and next steps with customers
- Report on milestone delivery and project status to Department Manager and Project Management Office
- Maintain an awareness of the current techniques/technologies and apply these to experimental design to influence new assay development and guide projects
- Provide mentorship to more junior scientists, including students and is a focus for productive debate both internally and externally
- Ensure all records are accurately maintained
- Be an effective team member in supporting the research and development functions
CORE SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience after PhD
- A strong background in a relevant disease area and the ability to quickly learn new techniques and areas of biology
- Extensive experience of cell culture and excellent aseptic technique
- Experience in assay development and significant cell biology expertise e.g. in performing growth or imaging assays, ELISAs, Western blotting, FACS assays and cellular manipulation such as generation of stable cell lines.
- Proven experience and enthusiasm for automation and assay development
- Excellent planning/organizational skills with a careful and meticulous nature and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Logical, analytical, creative and self-critical
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow and give instructions, and comply with company policies
- Proven ability to disseminate research results through publication in reports and peer reviewed journals
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a matrix-managed environment
- Experience of pooled or arrayed functional genomic screening e.g. CRISPR-Cas9, siRNA, shRNA etc
- Safe handling and production of lentiviral reagents
- Experience of handling large datasets including NGS data
- Some knowledge of programmatic aspects of research (cost, resources and schedule)
- Some mentoring and/or teaching experience.
This is a lab-based role and candidates should be highly self-motivated, able to work to tight timelines and be comfortable working under pressure in an environment with shifting priorities.
Our client can offer a varied, fast paced and interesting working environment and as a growing company we are focused on recognition and empowerment of our employees. We are committed to high quality science to meet our client and growth needs. If this sounds like your next career move please contact us today!